Eccentric vibrating mills
Eccentric vibrating mills
The ESM has convincingly proven its performance in the most varied applications and feed materials in the field of mechano-chemical activation and micro-grinding,
Only the single-tube eccentric vibrating mill of SIEBTECHNIK GmbH executes, through an exciter unit provided outside, inhomogeneous movements, comprising elliptical, circular and linear vibrations. The upshot is a high degree of loosening of the mill filling with very high impact load on the material to be ground, particularly with large amplitudes. The high specific energy input with a high degree of loosening of the mill filling is a decisive benefit of the single-tube principle, which, caused by the design, also makes a clear reduction in the mill mass and thus in the drive energy possible.
The eccentrically appointed imbalance excitation generates inhomogeneous vibrations, whereby the main wear zone in the eccentric vibrating mill is distributed more uniformly on the bottom half of the plating.
Operating Behavior & Mechanical Characteristics
The SIEBTECHNIK eccentric vibrating mill is of modular design and basically comprises
- the cylindrical grinding vessel
- helical springs
- the base frame
- the grinding media
- the exciter unit
- the counter weight
The mill is set – via the direct three-phase drive and the exciter units – into inhomogeneous vibrations, which lead to the already mentioned high energy utilisation.
The mill is filled with feed material via a nozzle at the highest point of the grinding vessel and the output at the lowest point at the other end of the grinding vessel. A perforated metal plate in the discharge prevents the grinding media from passing through.
Different output systems enable the ESM to be equipped with the following types of operation.
- Continuous operation
- Batch operation
- Automated batch operation
SIEBTECHNIK produces customized eccentric vibrating mills especially for the particular application concerned. Available options include:
- Lining of the grinding vessel with wear-resistant lining made of special steel, ceramic or elastomers
- Grinding-media as balls, rods or Cylpebs in the most varying materials
- Cooling or heating through a double-walled grinding jacket
- Sound absorbing hood
- Opposed-action frame
- Inertisation with protective gas; vacuum; ATEX
- Complete plants including the necessary periphery
|Total content of the grinding vessel||l||11||19||53||106||219||438||376||752||605||1210||951||1902|
|Weight steel grinding-media||kg||43||76||190||380||830||1660||1400||2800||2250||4500||3530||7060|
|Weight mill (without grinding-media)||kg||141||140||550||1100||1700||3400||2600||5200||5300||10600||8500||17000|
|Oscillating circuit diameter|| 6 - 8 mm|
12 - 13 mm
|at 1,500 rpm of the motor (Types with KPI ..4)|
at 1,000 rpm of the motor (Types with KPI ..6)
|Subject to technical alterations|
The ESM has convincingly proven its performance in the most varied applications and feed materials in the field of mechano-chemical activation and micro-grinding, including in the
- Automotive supply industry
- Pharmaceutical production
- Building industry
- Biomass preparation
- Chemical industry
- Ceramic industry
- Animal food industry
In mechano-chemical activation, highly reactive conditions are generated, resultant in crystalline systems with impacting load. Generally, brittle materials have a crystalline structure, which prior to comminution represents the lowest-energy condition.
With mechanical load from impact, this crystal structure is partly destroyed and the incorporated energy stored.
This result in highly reactive conditions, which lead, for example, to
- an increase in reactivity,
- an improvement in solubility,
- magnetic properties,
- and other physical properties.
One peculiarity are the reactions of various crystalline systems with each other, whereby through solid-state reactions new materials come about with specific properties. Under these circumstances, the eccentric vibrating mill undertakes the role of a mechano-chemical reactor.
Micro-grinding in the eccentric vibrating mill likewise follows specific principles.
Here, fineness of 0 – 5 μm can be attained depending on the product and grinding duration, and fibrous materials developed.
This modular design of the machine offers enormous advantages particularly with larger machines:
- The mill can be split up into small units for transport and installation
- The power train fitted completely on the outside of the mill body is freely accessible once the protective guards have been dismantled
- All drive components and particularly the compact exciter units can be easily exchanged in case of maintenance, whereby downtimes can be considerably reduced compared to circular-oscillating mills
- Furthermore, the grinding vessel modules considerably simplify the change of the grinding media and wear lining
- The grinding vessel modules enable the grinding vessel lengths to be adapted to individual performance requirements or to changed performance requirements in the course of operation